Glysantis™ is making use of the unique properties of a natural monodisperse nano-material: phytoglycogen extracted from sweet corn. The diameter of the nano-particles is in the range of 70 nm (measured by DLS) with a sharply-defined and narrow particle size distribution. This material is very similar to glycogen stored in human liver and muscle tissue and is completely biodegradable.
Nano-materials offer tremendous potential in pharmaceuticals. However, after much research, commercial therapeutic applications of nanotechnology have remained problematic because of a few key limitations:
- Many (perhaps most) synthetic nano-materials are toxic and also not biodegradable. The nano-particles reside in the body indefinitely, making safety assurance very difficult.
- Many (perhaps most) synthetic nano-materials are not inherently water soluble. A very high number of drug applications fail because of solubility problems – this is a serious limitation.
- Many (perhaps most) synthetic nano-materials provoke the immune system and are quickly attacked by it.
- NanoDendrixTM is monodisperse
- NanoDendrixTM is safe & non-toxic… edible and biodegradable
- NanoDendrixTM is water soluble, and it is easy to attach other compounds (e.g. drugs) to the particle surfaces
- NanoDendrixTM does not provoke the immune system